45 Sheppard Ave. E, Suite 412B Toronto, ON

Skilled Workers

Skilled Workers and Express Entry

If you have skilled working experience, you may be eligible to migrate to Canada for Permanent Residence with your family. We can help!

Skilled Workers and Express Entry

If you have skilled working experience in Canada, or abroad, you may be eligible to apply under the Express Entry system to obtain Permanent Resident (PR) status. Every year thousands of skilled workers from around the world are granted PR status through this category, you can be one of them!

How to Apply as a Skilled Worker through Express Entry

Qualifying for the Express Entry system as a skilled worker is relatively easy. The difficult part is ensuring that you have an optimal Express Entry profile so that you can maximize your chances of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR.

1. To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Have at least one year of continuous skilled work experience (part time or full time), in a skilled occupation, within the last 10 years

  • Skilled work experience must be in a skill type 0, A or B position, as outlined in the National Occupations Classifications

  • Meet the minimum language requirements of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7

  • Meet the minimum education requirement of a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree OR have a foreign education credential that is equivalent

  • Demonstrate that you have enough funds to help yourself and your family settle in Canada, as per the financial requirements for skilled immigration

  • Must meet the admissibility requirements to enter Canada (criminal, medical, etc.)

  • Other factors related to your specific application

2. To prepare your Express Entry profile, you will need to have the following documents/information ready:

  • Passport and identity documents for yourself and any family members

  • Results of your language test that has been completed within the last 2 years

  • Report of your Education Credential Assessment (ECA) confirming the equivalency of any foreign education you have completed

  • Accurate information and supporting documents related to your work history

  • Correct NOC codes for skilled experience you will claim in your Express Entry profile

  • Police Clearance Certificate from any country you have resided in for more than 6 months (can be requested after you receive your Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence)

  • Immigration Medical Examination (IME) results that are valid within the last 1 year (can be completed after you receive the Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence)

  • Any other relevant supporting documents for your specific application



Fully Licensed Immigration Consultant Toronto Specialists

Visa People only provides you the services of a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant. You can be sure that your case is not being handled by anyone other than a fully licensed Consultant. Visa People is for the People!